In our classroom this year my colleague Gallit Zvi and I used many youtube videos to inspire resiliency, grit, and hope in our students prior to guiding them in formulating their inquiry questions about their passions and wonders during our weekly Genius Hour time. Many of the videos were shared with me through wonderful connections I made with educator learners on Twitter, Facebook, and at various workshops. I love my PLN! However I am proud to say students and teachers in our room inspired each other too. Some of our work is shared on this list too.
Enjoy the list and please share your own favourites!
1. Creativity Requires Time
2. TMB Panyee FC Short Film
3. Girls First Ski Jump
4. 15-Yr-Old Kelvin Doe Wows M.I.T.
5. Obvious to you. Amazing to others. – by Derek Sivers
6. I Will Not Let An Exam Result Decide My Fate
7. The Time You Have (In JellyBeans)
8. Rethinking Learning: The 21st Century Learner
9. Caine’s Arcade
10. What is Genius Hour
11. Making the Most Out of Every Second
12. Thanksgiving 2012
13. Genius Hour Project: Stop Motion
14. How to Make A Pull Apart Cake
15. Honk if You Love Someone
16. Honk if You Love Someone – Documenting Our Learning
17. We are Silent
18. A Pep Talk from Kid President to You
19. Boy Inspires Kids – Kids Inspire Us All (Amazing Finish)
20. Act of Sportsmanship Gives Texas High Schooler Shot At Glory
21. Bubba’s Hover
22. Sesame Street: Share it Maybe
23. How Bad Do You Want It?